Monday, January 18, 2010

Day3 - I can read!





If nothing else, I am a magician at finding the best free iPhone apps out there. Recently, I found Stanza, an e-reader that offers you access to hundreds of free classics like Frankenstien and the works of Jane Austin.

I became a big Agatha Christie fan after watching Orient Express during a mystery Sunday on TMC. Even though I don't enjoy mysteries in general (I always read the first page of the last chapter), Poirot is different and I really enjoy the quarks of he little detective.



I think I like him better than Sherlock Holmes, although I'm currently enjoying plowing through an anthology of short stories right now.

I don't know if Stanza is the greatest e-reader out there, but it does he most basic of functions well: I can read in bed, without turning a light on in the middle of bout of insomnia. It also allows me to change the look of the page I'm reading and vary the brightness of the screen. The selection of of books available to download for a fee is also adequate for someone with a stack of eight books waiting in the wings.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: